Many developers and testers try to change screen resolution in teamcity service. Default screen resolution is 800×600, but its so small. As one of solution is to start teamcity agent like a simple application. But this solution is bad. Because you need to use one license on Windows Server and start teamcity agent after Windows server finished to boot.
I found a solution which allows you without hacks.
- Open services.msc. Open properties in teamcity agent service and check on checkbox Allow service to unteract with desktop.
- Open registry and change this key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\NoInteractiveServices to 0.
- Change Interactive Service Detection start mode to auto and start it.
sc config UI0Detect start= auto
sc start UI0Detect
- Connect to server using RDP.
- Enter this text command in commandline rundll32 winsta.dll,WinStationSwitchToServicesSession. RDP session will broken but it’s ok.
Thats all. When you will run a new end2end tests you see that screen resolution will increase.